Thursday, July 7, 2016

Labor Story

Kylie's labor story:

This was me right before we left for the hospital.

I went to my 39 week appointment and I was still only dialated to a 2. She had changed her mind about wanting to come out. Due to medical conditions we decided to induce me. I left my appointment and went home to work until they called me with my appointment time. Time kept passing and no one was calling me. I was getting really frustrated because you can't actually call the doctor you have to call the scheduling center. I called one last time at 4:45 and they finally transferred me to the nurse who told me my appointment was set for 2:30am the next morning. Luckily Jeremy was almost home and we then started getting ready and getting Blake taken care of. We went to bed early and I woke up at one to get ready and call the hospital. We got ready and arrived at the hospital at 2:30am! It took forever for them to enter our information and get payment. I had preregistered so I don't know what happened. Then we waited until they called us to our room.
She called me back and we got settled and answered 100 questions. Then they were going to start the petocin but they had to get orders from the on call Doctor. Two hours later the nurse came back and started it but very slow. They had to get some other fluid in me before I could have the baby.
Next we had to wait for the doctor to come and break my water and make the call to turn up the petocin. Sadly she was in the OR until almost 11am. So pretty much we sat there from 2:30 until 11 with not much happening. I did dialate 3cm during that time. Once she came she broke my water and told me to get an epidural because it wasn't going to be much longer. So I did. I did really well this time. Last time I was shaking uncontrollably. Once I got it I laid down on my sides switching back and forth. I started feeling intense pain on my left side. I told Jeremy and he said to tell them but I thought the guy would have to come back so I said I would deal with it. After an hour the pain became unbearable and we got the nurse and she told me to press the button and I said i didn't want to because I didn't want the guy to come back and charge me more. She proceeded to tell me that I have to press the button to keep the epidural going and at that point I had waited too long and the medicine couldn't come soon enough. We tried but it didn't. The pain went on for an hour and I was screaming and crying in pain. I'm kinda embarrassed but seriously it hurt so bad. The nurse had checked me like 15 minutes before and I was an 8 then in the next 15 minutes I was a 9 and she called my doctor. About 5 minutes later I was a 10 and I couldn't not push. I had pushed more than half the head out right when the doctor arrived. Two pushes later and baby Kylie was here. I can't believe how much faster the ending went compared to Blake. She was 7 pounds 11 oz and 20 inches tall. My doctor was estimating an 8.5 pound baby so I was glad she was wrong.







 






Jeremy cut the umbilical cord and the nurse took a picture. They had Kylie lay on me for almost an hour to keep her warm. We didn't have to do that with Blake. I felt bad because they wouldn't let Jeremy hold her because they wanted her to stay warm.

The hospital stay was ok. We got almost no sleep because they don't have a nursery for baby and they came in seriously every half hour. They came in at 1am to give her a bath. Like seriously?!?! We went home the day after I had her. We were literally out the door 24 hours after she was born. I was in pain but I preferred dealing with it at home.

We headed straight to pick up Blake from the hospital. He was so excited to see Kylie and hold her. He cups his hands together and whines which meant he wanted to hold her. It was cute. He gave her lots of kisses on her head. We went home and let the two of them hang out. They both seemed to enjoy each other.


 
Blake meeting Kylie for the 1st time!








No comments:

Post a Comment