Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Past two weekends

Jeremy works on Saturdays so Blake and I usually hang out. Two weeks ago Barnes and Noble was having a Dr. Seuss party so we checked it out. We had an early lunch with daddy before he left for work. Then we headed to Barnes and Noble. It started with story time. There were no chairs left so we sat on the floor in the back. Then Blake (I) colored a Dr. Seuss hat. That was pretty much it. (For Blake’s age) Blake became obsessed with the markers and wouldn’t leave them alone. I made him put them away and this lead to the biggest melt down of Blake’s life. It was the most embarrassing moment with Blake so far. He was screaming and kicking as I’m carrying him out of the store.  I carried him to the car and put him in the back seat to finish his melt down. Once he calmed down we headed home.










After Jeremy came home we went and grabbed some yummy dinner to bring home. We are slowly learning that eating at home is so much more fun than at a restaurant. Blake can be good at restaurants but he can also be a disaster and you never know what you’re going to get.

Sunday afternoon we went for a family bike ride. Blake really liked it. We stopped at the park which Blake liked but he was excited to get back in his seat.


 




Thursday morning Jeremy's car (which I drive to the bus stop)  started making a really weird noise. It stopped after a few minutes so I continued on with Jeremy's permission. I dropped Blake off and then headed to the bus stop. When I arrived back to the bus stop I started the car and it was making the same noise. I called Jeremy and again it stopped after a few minutes. I proceeded to pick up Blake. I started to hear some more noises and as I was pulling into his daycare I noticed the engine was overheating. I called Jeremy freaking out. He told me I couldn't drive home so we parked and Blake and I walked home. Stupid busy season! Jeremy couldn't come get us because he had audits that needed to get done. Unfortunately, we had no milk or food so we stopped at Walgreens grabbed the necessities and proceeded on our walk. It's funny how kids have no idea what's going on. Blake was excited to get to go on a long walk. Meanwhile I'm walking down the street balling because I think I ruined the car and I felt really sick that day. I have to walk 15 to catch my bus and I was barely able to do that and now I had to walk home. It took about 15 minutes to figure out how to unlock the house once we got there but we made it! Long story short we were able to get the car fixed Saturday but there is still more work that needs to be done. Since I only have to drive to the bus stop we only did the necessities and we will finish the rest once busy season is over and we can handle being a one car family while it gets fixed.
 
This past weekend Blake and I were stuck home due to Jeremy’s car not working. Once he came home we went to the Dodgers vs. Diamondbacks Spring Training game. It was fun but it’s not the same with Blake. I honestly only was able to watch one hit. We had good seats though. It was a sold out game so it was super packed. (Side note: I bought Blake a D-Backs Jersey, the hanger was mismarked so he is wearing a 4T shirt which I didn't realize until after I took the tag off. I will have to get him another one and hopefully this one will fit next season.)



















 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment