Monday, March 7, 2016

18 Months


18 Months- 3/3/16
 
I just told Blake to smile and this is what he did. Jeremy was impressed!

My buddy!

Oh how much joy a slide brings to this kid!
 

Blake is now 18 months.

*He loves getting Chloe out of her cage or outside when we get home. He gets really excited but as soon as she starts jumping he gets annoyed. He doesn’t like it when she jumps on him. He doesn’t cry but you can tell he doesn’t like it. He also doesn’t like it when she licks him except his fingers.

*He’s still loves shoes. If he sees his shoes then he has to wear them. Some morning we have melt downs over not getting to wear his shoes. He is also obsessed with his Crocs. He had a blue pair but they are pretty small now. I found him a pair of ninja turtle ones at TJ Max so he is all good now.

*He has officially turned into a one nap baby. It depends on the day but we are slowly pushing his nap to early afternoon.

*He sleeps with his binky at night but other than that we try our best not to let him have it.

*He is slowly starting to eat anything again. He has started eating meats again. He loves hot dogs!! He goes crazy when he sees one when you’re making it.

* He has become really attached to me the last 2 weeks. He always wants me to hold him or sit with me. He gets really upset if I ever go upstairs without him.

*His new favorite show is Signing Time.

*He LOVES Elmo right now. He saw Elmo at SeaWorld last September. My parents bought him a stuffed Elmo which has been in his crib since. He met Elmo again in New York earlier this month and since he has been interested in him. He says Elmo all the time and when he sees something with Elmo on it he yells “ELMO”. He has Elmo PJ’s and has wanted to wear them every night. He always pulls his shirt out and points to Elmo and says “Elmo”. It’s been fun since it’s the first character besides Clifford that he has really been into. We watched Sesame Street with him today which he seemed to like.

*He loves his slide. He will go up and down for hours if you let him.

*He loves tools. He loves walking around with Jeremys tools pretending to use them.

*He pretty good at cleaning up. If I tell him to clean up his toys in the family room he will go and put them in the bin for the most part.

*Says thank you and please. He is SUPER good at Thank you. Every time I hand him something he says thank you. I didn’t even teach him this. He just picked up on it at daycare. He will says please but you have to say “what do you say?” Then he will say Please. He says it very quietly and quickly.

*When he goes to bed and carry him up the stairs and if Jeremy is downstairs he waves at him until we get to the top of the stairs.

*He loves climbing things. Once he climbs up it he sits all proud of himself with the biggest smile.

*He has been really into copying me lately. If I sit on the floor to put my shoes on he will sit in front of me just like me. He likes to sit on the couch right next to me and then puts a pillow on his lap, I guess we do that a lot?

*Uses his fork and spoon to eat most of this dinner. He usually does really well with it.

*Loves water. He has wanted water more than milk.

*Eats a banana every morning. If we are out there is a meltdown. He also loves cuties but he loves his banana.

* He has all his teeth. He has one more tooth that is halfway down but it’s slowly finishing.

*He HATES holding hands. Jeremy has been working on it with him but he fights him most of the time.

*We are working on learning body parts. He knows his belly button really well and will say it. He knows mouth and tongue. He gets stuck on ears and nose and points to his mouth. We are working on it.

*He's my little buddy! Since daddy pretty much never comes home it's just us, so we better be friends! I think Blake has become super clingy to me because Jeremy isn't home. I don't know if he's mad at him or if he's really just scared of him because he's not around much.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment