Tuesday, January 18, 2022

Week 52

 Week 52


This was the second week of the kids Christmas break. One thing Jeremy and I gifted ourselves for Christmas was landscapers. I feel like we have very limited family time each night and on weekends because we have so much to get done that we decided to try out landscapers for the new house. Jeremy was super excited that they came for the first time on Monday. The yard looked awesome after they were done. Monday night Jeremy and I were able to go on a date. We never get to go on a date so this was a special occasion. Jeremy's parents were able to come into town to watch the kids while Jeremy and I went to a Suns game. I was gifted tickets from my work which were awesome tickets. The tickets included access to the club so we arrived a little early so we could take advantage of the free food and drinks. We sat by the fire and ate dinner. We walked around and Jeremy bought me a Suns sweater! We had a joke about the parking prices so Jeremy promised that if we parked farther away he would spend the difference on a shirt. The game was awesome! Sadly they didn't win but they came back at the end and were winning with 5 second left and then the other team scored and won. I had a ton of fun and got really into it. I have no idea why I love sports so much but it's so much fun cheering them on. 








The next few days we spent with Jeremy's parents. They went on scooter rides, walked the Victory stairs, drove around the neighborhood looking at lights, went to tons of parks, went to Uptown Jungle, and ended with the World of Illumination drive thru Christmas lights. The kids LOVED having them visit. 


















Thursday, Jeremy and the kids headed to Duck Creek, Utah for the weekend. They decided to join his parents at the cabin to have fun in the snow. I'm not a huge fan of the snow and I really wanted to get more settled into the new house before kicking off the new year. They had tons of fun at the cabin. They went sledding, shoveled snow, Kylie spent hours coloring with grandma in a tent, and they did fireworks on New Year's Eve. I was really productive at home. I decided to make freezer meals which I quickly regretted but I know I will appreciate them over the next few months. 















Jeremy came home Sunday evening and was coughing so I had him take a COVID test. It came back positive. 






No comments:

Post a Comment