Sunday, January 23, 2022

Week 1 2022

 Week 1

Monday morning, we scheduled covid tests for the family. The only thing we could find was a PCR test which we wouldn't receive the results for 2-3 days. I ordered tons of rapid at home tests, but they weren't scheduled to arrive for a few weeks. At this point Jeremy was the only one that was showing any symptoms. 


Wednesday afternoon, we received the PCR test results and they were all negative. This was really confusing because Jeremy had already received a positive and he was clearly sick with covid. Our at home tests happened to be delivered Wednesday afternoon as well. I tested everyone and Jeremy and I tested positive. At this point, I didn't have any symptoms except being extremely tired. We called the school and we determined the kids would need to continue staying home until the following Monday if Jeremy and I isolated from them and they tested negative. 


Thursday morning, I woke up with an extremely high fever, sore throat, runny nose, and headache. I took Tylenol and was able to get the fever under control. Jeremy's biggest symptom was a cough and congestion. We both had a huge lack of energy. We have never felt as tired before as we did during the next 10 days. 


Thursday night, Jeremy made us a fire in the backyard and we all spaced out and sat around the fire. 



The kids did really good taking care of themselves and entertaining each other. Kylie had a few moments but honestly I'm so proud of how well she handled it all. Jeremy was able to be around them with a mask on Saturday which really helped. I was still pretty sick so I isolated most of the weekend. 


The kids continued to test negative and were able to go back to school on Monday. They were both really excited and it was really good for them to get back into a normal routine and stop watching TV all day. 


No comments:

Post a Comment