Monday, January 25, 2021

Week 3 - 2021

 Week 3 - 2021



Monday was Martin Luther King Day which Jeremy, Blake and I had off. Kylie went to school and the three of us relaxed at home. We went out for a late lunch and tried a new Mexican restaurant. It ended up being a little too spicy for me but Jeremy really liked it. It was nice to have a nice slow day. 

Blake did ok with his online schooling Tuesday through Friday. Tuesday and Wednesday are full days so they are always more difficult. We made it through the week so I call that a win! The best news of the week was Blake's school announcing they will be returning to in-person learning on February 8th! I am so excited for Blake. He has been obviously struggling with remote learning but more importantly he really misses his friends and being around other kids. He has been in-person for less than 2 months this year and outside of school he doesn't interact with any kids other than Kylie. 

The kids started a tradition a few months back where they would sleep in Blake's bunk beds on non-school nights. So Friday and Saturday night they sleep in Blake's room. At first it was pretty rough. They would never go to sleep and we would have to go in there so many times. Now they usually go right to sleep and it's been fun. I went in on Friday to turn off the light and had to capture the sweet moment. 

Jeremy had the idea to take Blake camping this weekend. The forecast had snow coming in Flagstaff Saturday night and Sunday morning. They reserved a spot at the KOA in Flagstaff. I ran all around Phoenix Saturday morning looking for snow boots for Blake. We bought a pair for New York but I sold them to a used clothing store because we had no plans of being in snow the rest of the year. Thankfully I was able to find a nice expensive pair but thankful I found some! They packed up and headed north. They went to Five Guys for dinner and had yummy burgers. They went to their camp site and set up the tent and went for a hike. Next, they made a fire and made smores and relaxed by the fire. Kylie and I didn't do much at all which was so nice. She let me lay in bed most of the day and watch shows and just relax together. We ordered lots of doordash, played games, and practiced our numbers. 









The next morning Jeremy and Blake got up and headed to a café for breakfast. They woke up to a winter wonderland and a tent with ice on it. Blake ordered a giant cinnamon roll and was so excited to facetime me and show me. I was very jealous. The two of them had such a fun morning in the snow. They built a snowman and went sledding. Blake had an absolute blast. I was so nervous about the idea of camping in the snow but it sounds like it was hit! He learned that the KOA in Flagstaff has so many fun activities in the summer. He REALLY wants to go back in the summer so we are going to have to add that to our list for this summer. Kylie and I spent the morning cleaning the house while she played with toys in her room. The afternoon was spent watching football games. I don't know what I'm going to do on the weekends without football. I have really enjoyed watching football this year. We don't typically go anywhere on the weekends, due to COVID, so it gives me something consistent to look forward to. 















No comments:

Post a Comment