Saturday, January 9, 2021

December 2020 - Part 1

December 2020 - Part 1

Jeremy started the month with making us some very yummy meat! Best so far! 



Fun picture of Kylie and Chloe. For a while now we have had Chloe sleep in the kids rooms. They alternate every other day and it has been working out pretty good. Chloe seems to prefer Blake's bed and I think it's because it's darker in his bed due to the bunk bed. I always find Chloe in his bed throughout the day. 





Blake's school went back to remote learning on December 1st. It started off really well but has gotten a lot harder. I think it has been better because Blake's teacher know him better and he has a relationship with them now. Blake has started to shift towards his old habits and constantly leaves class and grabs snacks or asks us questions. It has been challenging to get him to focus when he knows we are in meetings and can't verify he is paying attention. It has been fun to see what classes he loves and seeing him excel. He loves art and is really good at it. He also enjoys math class and is typically done with all his work half way through class. I'm really proud of how much he has grown with his reading. He still does not like to read but he has made huge improvements the last 2 months. I also enjoy listening to him in his mandarin class when I get the chance. As hard as this school year has been so far, I'm so proud of Blake and him continuing to get excellent grades. 





We opened some Christmas presents before we went to New York. The kids received a few presents from Jeremy and I and Jeremy and I exchanged a few of our larger presents. The kids had a lot of fun.









Blake and I made gingerbread houses. He made one in engineering class with graham crackers and candies. I took a break from work to help him and it was so much fun! Later that day I had a team building event with my team and we used gingerbread house kits and decorated our houses. Blake caught me and ended up joining me with my event. We had a fun day together building gingerbread houses.


We went to Walgreens a few days before our flight to get tested for COVID-19. The kids did amazing and they complimented them on how well they handled the test. They were both champs and stuck through the process. After a little over an hour we received negative tests for everyone which meant we were cleared to head to NY. 

We flew to New York on Thursday the 17th. We left Phoenix around 11:30am and went to Chicago. Our flight was very empty so we were able to have two rows and there were not very many people around us. We had about a 3 hour layover so we walked around the terminals to find food. There aren't as many options due to COVID. A lot of the shops were closed. The kids found a popcorn shop and of course they couldn't agree on a kind so they each got their own big bag. Jeremy and I found oven-brick pizza which was really good. After we ate our food and then headed to our gate. We quickly realized our flight was delayed and after a little research I determined it was due to the amount of snow NY received in the last 24 hours. After pushing the flight back a few times it was finally confirmed that we were cleared to go. It was really exciting but our flight was 100% full. We had Jeremy and the kids sit together and then I sat on the aisle across from them. I watched football and hardly moved. :) It was a bumpy landing but It was really exciting to finally make it to NY. 








To be continued.....  

No comments:

Post a Comment