Saturday, January 16, 2021

Week 1 - 2021

Week 1 - 2021



My goal is to post every week in 2021. I wish I did that in 2020 but it didn't happen. My hope is to be able to post timely so I can truly document what happened during the week, including the good and bad moments. 

On Saturday morning we got up early and were at Costco right when they opened. I saw a desk online that I really wanted and we know they go fast so I was so excited when we found it! Jeremy and I set up the desk and rearranged all my work equipment. We moved our bedroom around a bit to allow me to put the desk by the window and the fireplace. I have loved having the extra space and having the fireplace on all day! I'm always cold so it's nice to have a fireplace to warm up with. 



We took the kids to the Enchanted Island park. We are growing to like this place because it's so close and both kids are at the age that they like all the rides and can run from ride to ride on their own. They both LOVE the dragon rollercoaster and rode it over 10 times. It was pretty empty so there was no waiting in lines. Kylie really wants to have her birthday party this year at the Enchanted Island park so we will have to see what life is like in 5 months. 








Blake started back at school this week. We are still required to do remote learning which has continued to be a struggle. Art is still his favorite class. He continues to amaze me with his math skills. He does not like to do his independent work. Some classes are recorded and he is supposed to listen to the video and perform the associated work. This does not happen most days until we fight about it and end up doing it together. Grandma does save the day often and they perform the assignments together through facetime. It's fun to watch their relationship. As soon as he sees a specific humanities assignment he says he needs Grandma Krass. 

We have been wanting to have our house painted since we purchased it about a year and a half ago. Jeremy obtained a few quotes a month or so ago and we picked one but we needed to pick colors. We did some test colors over the weekend and made final decisions. The kids used the leftover paint to paint their fort made out of my desk box. They literally spent 4 + hours painting outside. It was pretty amazing!


The rest of the weekend was spent watching football and getting stuff done around the house. Jeremy and the kids did some yard work in the front. They took out some bricks and mulch and replaced it with rocks. I love it! We still have a few more projects for the front that we would like to do this year. I also started working on our taxes. It always takes awhile so I got all of our rental property information together. This was the first year that we had two rental properties rented for the entire year. 




No comments:

Post a Comment