Sunday, December 5, 2021

Week 42

 Week 42

This week was moving week! We got the keys to the house on Tuesday night and I immediately started prepping the house. I spent Tuesday night cleaning up the new house, taking nail out of the walls, and patching walls. The prior owners used tons of nails so it was fun to try and find them all. :) 


Wednesday and Thursday were huge packing nights. We took apart all the beds Wednesday night and then the desks on Thursday. I felt like I had packed and prepped for the move better than you possibly could. The house was a disaster but it was really mostly organized chaos. Josh and Asher flew in Thursday night to help with the move. On Friday, we packed up the moving truck and unloaded it before the kids got out of school. 


Jeremy really wanted to do fun things with Josh and Asher to balance the work so we went to the State Fair after the kids got out of school. We were exhausted from moving all day but it was a lot of fun! We were able to take advantage of the $3 food options which was really fun. The kids were all able to go on 3 rides. They really wanted to go on a roller coaster so I went with them and it was fun. Overall none of them liked it. They all kept saying they were going to die. haha! They picked the tall slides next and last was the haunted house ride. 










On Saturday, we got up and packed up the rest of the house. The truck was completely fun but thankfully we had just the right amount of space. We headed to a Thai restaurant for lunch and ordered a ton of food. It was really good! 

We headed to the new house next to unload the truck. I was the first one to go into the house and stepped into a puddle of water. I panicked and started yelling for help. Josh figured out how to turn off the water and I started getting the water up. Thankfully I had a huge basket of pool towels right by the door and we had a carpet cleaner handy. During the chaos, the kids were going crazy because they didn't have internet to watch shows. It was complete chaos for 30 minutes. Thankfully Jeremy and Josh were able to research what we should do and drilled a few holes and gathered all our fans. At the end of the day everything turned out ok but it definitely put a wrench in the plan. After the water situation was handled we unloaded the truck. At night, we went on a hunt for ice cream and found some blue bell ice cream. We walk around the main street while eating our ice cream. 


Sunday morning we took Josh and Asher to a nice breakfast on the golf course. We wanted to end their trip with a little bit of fun since it hadn't been the most relaxing trip. :) They all went on a scooter ride and a hike. I am SO thankful for Josh's help with the move. I always try and push myself to do everything myself but I was dead by the end of this move and I know there is no way we could have done it without his help. 








No comments:

Post a Comment