Saturday, March 20, 2021

Week 10 - 2021

 Week 10 - 2021

This was Blake's last week of school before Spring Break. Kylie did much better at school with listening and making good choices. Blake had his last kiwi crate club class but he is doing two clubs starting after Spring Break! He picked a cooking one and an art one. I can't believe we are almost in the last semester of the year. This school year has gone by so fast but at the same time has been the hardest.

Friday night I packed everything up for our Spring Break trip. We packed lots of snacks for the hotel room. It was crazy to think about where we were a year ago getting on the cruise and then off the cruise and re-living those feelings. It's crazy to look back and think that we thought working from home for 2 months was crazy and here we are a year later. Working from home (with the kids doing in-person school) has been a huge blessing. I was talking to Jeremy about how I see the future if working from home continues and it has changed my role as a mom. I feel like I'm able to be more involved in my kids life and I can easily be there for them when they need me. When one of the kids would wake up feeling sick your initial thought is I have meetings I can't have you stay home and that is not who I want to be. I'm so glad that now I'm able to immediately just love them and assess the situation instead of stressing about work or meetings. Ultimately, we would like to move to an area where the kids can take the bus to school and be in a really good school district, then I would be able to walk them to the bus stop or pick them up. This has always been something that I have dreamed about. I remember days that I would come home early and see the moms or dads at the bus stop waiting for their kids and would get sad. It has been amazing to see how much technology has changed things for the better the last year. 

Saturday morning we packed up and headed to Las Vegas!! We stopped at the hoover dam and walked along the new bridge. Next we headed to our hotel room at the Mandalay Bay! We checked into our room which was awesome! We booked a strip view room which didn't disappoint. The view was awesome but the window was dirty so it was hard to get a really good picture but it was fun to look out at night and just watch the strip. 






We had a pretty fun and late first night out on the strip. We started with getting pizza at out hotel. Jeremy died over the price but was pretty good and the kids ate a good amount. Next we walked through the Luxor (Pyramid) and Excalibur (Castle). The kids were so excited and loved it! We went to New York, New York and walked through the Hershey store. We spotted a few fun treats but decided to wait for another day. Next we went to the M&M Store. We didn't realize but there was a line to get in and we tried to go straight in the store but were stopped. The kids always talk about how "daddy tried to cut the line at the M&M store". Once we were in the store we picked out lots of fun souvenirs but Jeremy spoiled them by letting them fill up a M&M cup. It was fun to pick out flavors we hadn't heard of before. We ended with going the Coca Cola Store which was crazy! The line to get in didn't move for over 20 minutes so we had to get creative on entertaining the kids. The store clerk was so nice and gave Blake a free stuffed bear which was valued at $18! We ended up getting piggy banks for the kids and then a Fanta flavored Chapstick for Kylie. 








We headed back to the hotel which was a ton more walking than I remembered. Kylie struggled a little but eventually made it. We ended the night with winding down by watching a little TV and looking out the window at the strip. Great first day of vacation!


No comments:

Post a Comment