Tuesday, January 6, 2015

17 Weeks


17 Weeks- 12/31/14


I can’t believe 2014 is going to be over today. I have spent a lot of time today thinking of where we were one year ago and where we are today. I remember clearly last New Year’s Eve. I was crying because we hadn’t been able to start a family yet and Jeremy made me a promise that we would do whatever it took to start a family this year. I remember feeling so peaceful that night. Only a few days later we found out Blake was on the way. This New Year’s Eve I get to hang out with the coolest baby! This morning he woke up 30 minutes before me so I grabbed him and we cuddled in bed under the covers. He fell asleep in my arms and it was so hard to get up and go to work! But, I am SO grateful that I have him. He is a lot of work and I have given up a lot of things I like so I can take care of him but I love it! It’s so fun to see him do new things.

Blake is getting a little better at playing with toys every day. He is sick again. He has a bad, but adorable cough, and a cold. I think this cold is pretty mild compared to his last. Hopefully it doesn’t last as long. He does see the doctor on Monday so that should be good. Oh and we think he has an ear infection too. He’s newest thing is sticking his tongue out. It’s the cutest thing!  




We had a fun Christmas. Blake woke up pretty early so he was grouchy by the time we started Christmas. He took a nap part way through. Santa brought him some pretty cool toys. His favorite was his rattle car. Jeremy’s parents got us a nice camera and Blake got money for his college fund. Jeremy got me an Ipad air and I got him a bike and new shoes. After we got ready to play in the snow. I got Blake in his snow suit and we went outside and Blake wasn’t a fan. He’s an Arizona baby! We had a nice Christmas dinner!




 

 
Friday we went Skiing in Brian head. We hit a lot of closed roads so we were only able to ski a half day. It was so cold that we were done anyways. It was snowing while we skied so it was nice conditions. I was really surprised at how well I did. I don’t know if it was because Jeremy was there or if I really knew how to ski. It’s been so long I really couldn’t remember if I knew how to very well. Sounds silly but I was pretty scared.



Saturday we all went out of pizza. It was a lot of work but we made it. Jeremy’s car got stuck in the driveway so they tried to push it but couldn’t. He finally after many tries got out. We went down the road and we weren’t able to stop to make the turn we needed to make. So, we had to keep going down the road which meant we had to go up a big hill. We weren’t able to make it so everyone but the drive and Blake had to push in order to get the car up the hill. It was a lot of work for pizza but what else were we going to do. Next we did my favorite thing!!! Dominoes!!!! I love to play games! But Jeremy doesn’t so I don’t get to play very often. We played a lot of dominoes and I loved every minute of it. I think its fun but mostly I feel like it’s the way I get to bond with Jeremy family. I open up more when I’m playing games.

Saturday night Blake’s cold was pretty bad so he hardly slept so we hardly slept. We got up a 4:30 since we were awake and started packing the car. We were on the road at 6:30am headed home. Blake did really well again. He slept for almost 4 hours straight and then we stopped in flagstaff again for lunch. We played most of the way home and then he fell asleep again. We made it home just in time to watch the Cardinals game. They lost but they actually put up a good fight for having a horrible quarterback. I was really impressed until the end.
Monday was Jeremy and I’s 5 year anniversary which I’m going to do a separate post on because it’s that important! J

Which leads us to today. New Year’s Eve. We went to work only three staff were there today including Jeremy and I. Two of the partners took us to lunch. It was fun because it was such a small group we were able to talk like I have never talked to them before. I’m usually REALLY quite at lunches like that but since it was so small I opened up! We talked about Christmas and New Year’s. It was fun! After work we packed up all our stuff at my parents since they move tomorrow!!! BOOOO!!!!! We are really bummed! It was really fun having them! Blake loved it and we did too! We loved going over at lunch and hanging out! After, we went to Mexican for dinner and then went home. Blake and I played until 8pm. I let him stay up a whole extra hour! He’s so lucky! Now I’m catching up on blog posts while Jeremy plays video games. I think we will watch the fake count down on Netflix soon.

Update: Jeremy and I stayed up until 10 but our neighbors decided to have the loudest party ever at 1130 so we ended up watching the ball drop. Blake slept until 8:30 the next morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment