Saturday, January 3, 2015

16 Weeks

16 Weeks- 12/24/14
 

 
Blake just got over his cold. He is still a little more stuffed up then usual but it’s not constantly running anymore and his eyes have completely cleared up. I was so ready for it to be over. He is a pretty good baby when he’s sick though. He complains sometimes but he doesn’t really scream or cry too much more than usual. Blake has started to play with toys this week. He is starting to try and hold them.

This weekend we celebrated Christmas with my parents. They came over Saturday afternoon and we opened presents. Jeremy and I’s main present was an Xbox one with Kinect. We were pretty excited!! Blake’s main present was a baby jumper (I guess that’s what it’s called). He loves it! He is a little young for it but he is getting used to it. He gets a little overwhelmed if he jumps too much. He also got a few small toys which he loves already. His square lion is his favorite. It’s soft so he pushes it against his head with his hands.





After we opened presents we headed to Glendale Glitters. We ate at a German restaurant. There was a really long wait so we put our name in and then walked around. The whole town is lit up with Christmas lights. It’s pretty cool. We walked around the shops and the street booths. Blake slept most of the time. But he did enjoy looking at all the lights when he was awake. We made it back to the restaurant just in time. We sat down and Blake started getting fussy so I took him out of his car seat and he seemed like he was wet so I thought he needed a diaper change. So I had my mom come with me to change him. It was the biggest nightmare and mess of my life. I had no clothes for him with me and it was freezing outside. Luckily I had his snowsuit. He had to wear just that and his diaper. I have learned my lesson and will always have a change of clothes in the diaper bag. I officially hate target brand diapers. Christmas diapers are cute but not worth all the blow outs.


 

We went to Church the next morning and Blake wore his nice Christmas outfit. He looked so handsome! He didn’t like the first hour of church though. He was so fussy and cried so much. I kept having to get up and bring him outside. Finally I just went to an empty room and put him down for a nap. He slept the rest of the time which was nice. That night the cardinals played Seattle. I watched a little but it was a night game so it went late. They lost but it was expected since they have a horrible quarter back right now since the first two are hurt.



 
Today, Christmas Eve, we worked until noon and then we got to go home. We drove all the way to Duck Creek. Blake did really well in the car. He stared at Chloe for the first 45 minutes. Then we played for 30 minutes. He look an hour nap. We got out in Flagstaff and had lunch. Blake and I played for about two hours and then we hit Page and he slept for the last two hours. It was pretty easy! He stayed up pretty late meeting Spencer and Rebecca but he had fun!
 
When we got to the cabin Blake lit up his ornament that tells Santa where he is. I see us traveling a lot for Christmas so I thought this was a really fun idea for Blake.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment