Sunday, August 22, 2021

Week 31

 Week 31


This was another big week. The kids started school and Jeremy turned 35! 

I spent Monday and Tuesday getting everything ready for school. Monday we all went to the Meet the Teachers Event. Blake was so excited to show us around his school and Kylie has Blake's Kindergarten teacher which is cool. She was pretty shy and didn't say much to her teacher. 

Tuesday night, I prepped the backpacks and the first day of school picture boards. I can't believe both kids are now in elementary school. Time flies by. 


Wednesday morning, I got up early so the first day of school would go smoothly. We took the traditional first day of school pictures. Then, Jeremy and I both took the kids to school. Kylie didn't seem too nervous. She has been begging to go to Blake school the last two years and I think she was excited that it was finally time. 

















I was so excited to pick the kids up from their first day of school. My kids don't say much so I didn't get many details but it seemed like they had a really good first day. Kylie fell asleep super fast that night. 



On Friday, Kylie had been complaining about her ear so I picked her up from school around lunch time and ran to the doctor. She ended up having swimmers ear or something similar. They prescribed drops and she went back to school. This meant no swim lessons this weekend! 

Friday night, Kylie and I watched the Olympics Men's basketball game. It was really fun to watch USA win especially with Booker in the game. 

This weekend was Jeremy's birthday weekend! Kylie and I surprised Jeremy with an apple watch, Keto Cereal and Six Flags season tickets. We celebrated by going to lunch at Red Robin and going to Six Flags. We had tons of fun at the waterpark and went on almost all the slides. Sadly, Kylie isn't tall enough for a good amount of the slides. She took it well though and got some extra time in the lazy river. We haven't been to a waterpark in a long time so we definitely learned a few tips. One, if you want a seat or shaded area you need to be waiting in line before they open. Two, you need water shoes or flip flops to wear as you walk around and on the slides. I brought water shoes for the kids but they have had blisters on their heals this summer and quickly they came right back and the kids couldn't wear their shoes so Jeremy and I had to carry them around the entire time. I have now purchased them each a nice pair of crocs that they can wear with the back or without! :) We had a really good time and we are excited to go back again this year. 











Jeremy didn't want a cake so I had no intentions of having one but Kylie couldn't handle a birthday without cupcakes so I hurried to the store and purchased cupcakes for the kids and a Bundt cake for Jeremy.  




No comments:

Post a Comment