Wednesday, May 13, 2020

March 2020

March was a crazy month! I can honestly say that I never thought that we would be required to work from home and schools would be closed at any point my life. It has been a big adjustment. Jeremy works in our office and I work in the kitchen and sometimes in our bedroom at a small desk. Blake enjoys watching TV in the gym, playing outside with Chloe, and playing in the family room or playroom.

When we came home from the cruise we decided to keep Kylie in daycare. It was still open but there were less kids. A few of Kylie's best friends weren't there but most of the kids in her class were. Blake was home with Jeremy and I doing school. Blake started distance learning on March 17th. It was a daily and still is a daily struggle to get him to do his school work. I mostly took 30 minute breaks from work to help him though a section of his school work. There was lots of yelling and tantrums but at the end of the day we always got it done. Jeremy, Blake, and I would go for daily walks at lunch. Blake would ride his bike while Jeremy and I walked. That was the best part of the first few weeks. I loved being able to just talk to Jeremy.




We did our traditional St. Patrick's day tradition. I always make green waffles and sometimes green eggs. The kids loved it. It's something super easy which means I can keep up with it every year. :)


Kylie has had small tricycle for a year or two but hasn't really had a real bike. She learned to ride Blake's so we bought her a new bike. She loves it!

Blake has picked up a love for vacuuming! He asks almost everyday if he can vacuum.



Starting March 30th, Kylie was no longer going to daycare. This was when it got really hard! :) Kylie would mostly play with her toys while watching Peppa Pig. The hardest part was if she wanted something then she would just demand it right then. She's not quite old enough to understand that we are on a work call. Kylie loves doing school! I found some alphabet papers for her to do. She has loved to fill them out and has actually learned to trace and write her letters a lot better. I wish I could give her more attention and teach her more but I'm stretched too thin with work and Blake's school work.

We did get a tree swing and the kids have loved playing with that. It is now getting hot so they don't play with it as much but in the morning its not too bad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment