Friday, June 4, 2021

Week 20

 Week 20 



I'm a little behind on posting. Life has been busy so I'm trying to catch up. 

This week was Blake's last week of full day school. His school does a "projects week" where the last 5 days of school are half day and you pick a project you want to complete. I'm not really sure what the project was but he picked an animal class. 

Kylie's Pre-K pictures and graduation pictures came in this week! They turned out so cute that I had to purchase all of them. They always get me. :) I love how close her Pre-K class is. She has had almost all of the same kids in her class since she started last August so they are all pretty close friends. 





Kylie graduated from Pre-K this week! Sadly her school didn't do a formal graduation because of COVID but they had a graduation party on Friday. It was really sad not being able to participate in any form of graduation since she is most likely our last child. We did have a small celebration at home which consisted of swimming, cupcakes, and games. I always buy cupcakes with colored frosting and as soon as she take a bite, I remember why I said I wouldn't buy them again. It took over a day to get all the blue out of her skin. :) 





We had a pretty fun filled weekend! Typically our weekend is filled with swim lessons and that's about it. I have a morning call with my team every Monday and I told Jeremy that I need to do something this weekend so I have something exciting to share! haha! We landed on going to park in Gilbert I think. It had a train and a few other rides, playgrounds, and batting cages. The kids also brought their bike and scooter. They loved riding along the paths and playing on the playground. We had a scary incident with Kylie. Jeremy and I were sitting on the bench talking about vacation plans and I was looking forward and kylie was climbing up these bar steps and then at the top you step over onto the top floor. Well she didn't make the step and ended up falling straight to the ground. It was really scary to watch. She hit the ground really hard and landed on her back and head. Thankfully she hit the bars with her arm on the way down. I scooped her up and let her sit with us for a bit. She had a tiny cut on the back of her head but other than that she was good, thankfully! I'm traumatized by her experience getting hurt at daycare when she was one. I panic inside every time she gets hurt or it sounds like she is hurt. 

Next, we went over to the rides area. The kids loved going on the little Ferris wheel, carousel, train and jet ski rides. We went on the train as a family and then the kids were tall enough to go along so we let them go together. Jeremy bought some seed to feed the ducks. The kids had fun and then we shared with another little boy. I love teaching the kids to share with others and be kind. It's fun to see them get so happy when they share with others. 










Last, we went to the batting cages. This was Blake's first time and he did amazing! We honestly didn't think he would hit any since it was his first time and he was hitting more than he missed. Jeremy took a few turns in the fast pitch area and was showing off to the kids. 

After, we stopped at a Mexican restaurant for lunch. The kids did amazing! Since COVID we have been doing really good about not bringing tables to restaurants and having them talk or color. Sometimes the wait is long and we will let them watch a show but overall they have been doing really well. Blake loves to play tic tac toe and do work searches. Kylie likes to make up her own games that make no sense but she always seems to win. :)

Kylie graduated from her swim level this week! She has been working on it since Blake graduated and was really excited to move up. She definitely has a lot of work to do but she will be challenged more which is good. She recently has started to become more scared of the pool which is really weird to me since she is in swim lessons and we swim all weekend. I struggled with this and started to get really frustrated because I just wanted to accomplish the goal of learning how to swim. I have since realized that by me pushing her and getting upset if she doesn't want to practice isn't going to help. I'm the type of person that if you tell me something to work on or give me a goal, I want to accomplish it or start working on it right away and I had to realize that the kids will work on it at their own pace. We now have a rule that our pool at home is for fun only! We don't practice swim lesson activities anymore unless the kids really really want to. I want our pool to be a fun experience and the kids love going to swim class and then coming home and just having fun. I'm trying to convince Jeremy that we need a water slide so maybe we will have one by the end of the summer. :) 





No comments:

Post a Comment