Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Our House was Broken Into

So a lot has happened since I last posted. Our house got broken into two weeks ago. I've had a really hard time mentally dealing with this. I had nightmares for a week. Every time I came home from work I was scared to death. I know logically they aren't coming back but I can't help being scared. We have done our best to put the house back together so I can forget but every time I walk in our room I have flashbacks of that day. Jeremy was out of town all last week and I struggled. We have two different security systems now so I'm safe but it doesn't make it go away.

On 8/10/16 I had picked the kids up from daycare and was driving home talking to Blake. We were going to go watch the wiggles and make dinner. As soon as we drove around the corner and saw the house I knew something was wrong. The garage was up and as we got closer I saw things in our garage on the floor. The light was on in the garage. I knew someone had been in our garage. My heart was pounding and I called Jeremy. He told me to FaceTime him and walk inside the home, I did. I opened the first door and the next door was closed. I NEVER shut that door so someone had been in our house. I opened the next door and saw one of our solar window screens on the floor. This should be on the outside of a window. At this point I was 200% sure someone had been or was in the house. I ran out the house jumped in the car and drove away as fast as I could. I called the police and they came like 10 minutes later. At this point Blake and Kylie were crying, I was scared and overwhelmed. The police were in the house for 30 minutes. They came out and walked to my car. She told me it was bad and someone had been in the house and went through a lot of stuff. I was shaking and scared.

I called our friends and they were so kind and took Blake and Kylie for a while. The police officer walked into the house with me. I walked into the family room and the TV was gone, Xbox, blanket  and remotes. Next, I looked to the left and saw the kitchen. The fridge was open and they broke the side baskets in the fridge. They took a water bottle out and drank it and threw it on the floor. Next was the back door. They crow bared through the back door locks. They also ruined the door so the door doesn't shut all the way.

The police officer warned me that the upstairs was pretty bad. I went up and the kids rooms looked good and the bathroom. They took all the electronics on the desk, laptop, iPad and headphones. Next was the master. I walked in and my heart sunk!! The whole room was tore apart. I just wanted to sit in the corner and cry. Not because everything was gone but because someone violated my privacy. Someone had touched my pillow, been through all my clothes. They took everything in my nightstand. Fun money, coach wallets, all my jewelry, cameras, and every charger to everything electronic I own. They took my laptop, iPad, coach purses, and all the drawers to my jewelry box. they threw everything in our drawers everywhere. Like everywhere. They threw our bedding and sheets everywhere. Everything under our bed was everywhere. They took our guns and safe. Next was the bathroom. They threw my makeup bag all over and broke my eye shadows which are expensive. They also tore apart our closet. They threw things everywhere. They took Jeremy's pillowcase and we assume it was to fill with stuff.

We have a big guess of who might have done this but we can't prove anything. I'm very thankful that this happened while I was at work. Jeremy told me that it's good I only took 6 weeks off because if I had taken 9 like I originally wanted then the kids and I would have been there. I don't answer the door when Jeremy not home so they probably would have rang the door bell. I wouldn't have answered and they would have gone to the back and broke in.

Sadly we won't have much of the things stolen replaced. As of right now we aren't going throw insurance. Jeremy had just changed insurance companies and I guess to have a claim so fast would cause them to drop us and when you have a claim on your record it's hard to get insurance and if you do it's really expensive. I'm not upset about the things that aren't being replaced but there's a lot of things they took that can't be replaced. Mainly my ability to feel safe. I'm suspicious of everyone. If there's a car near our house I freak out inside. Maybe one day they will find them!!

2 comments:

  1. It Is So violating. I can remember years ago when out house was broken into I was horrified. I hope your mind and heart are healed soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry that is so awful! I can't imagine that. I'll be praying that you can find peace of mind!

    ReplyDelete