Thursday, June 23, 2016

37-39 Weeks


How far along: 39 Weeks  
Maternity clothes:  I had to wear maternity work shirts for the last week. They are big since I’m smaller this pregnancy but at least I only had to wear them for a week.  
Food cravings: None
Food aversions: None
Symptoms: Lots of contractions, legs hurt and just wanting to have this baby
Gender: Girl
Movement: Slowed down a lot. She kicks something on the right side of me and it makes me cry inside for a few seconds 
What I'm looking forward to:  Having a little baby again and not being pregnant anymore.
What I miss: Feeling normal.




We really didn’t do much of anything during the last three weeks. It’s been super-hot here so we mostly stayed inside. Most weekends I felt like I was going into labor and then the contractions would stop. I’m getting sick of the waiting game. I’ve had some really intense contractions but then I go to bed and nothing comes of them. I have leave work every day with everything organized so that they can easily pick up from where I left off. Every day when people come in they check and see if I’m still here and I am. It’s kind of getting depressing. I’m so ready to have this baby.

We did go to the Litchfield pool one afternoon. Blake really liked it. On the side of the pool they had a ledge that Blake was able to hold onto and he would float up and down the pool from me to Jeremy and then back. He also jumped into the pool for the first time. We don’t have a pool otherwise I’m sure he would have done it a while ago. He seems to love the water so we might be going a lot this summer. Too bad I can’t go swimming for most of the summer. L


 
At 37 weeks I went to the doctor and she sent me straight to the hospital. I had been really sick on our camping trip the weekend before so I guess my water levels were way down and the baby had stop/slowed down her movement. Everything came out perfect. They put two bags of water in me which made my legs massive… it was a nice relaxing few hours though. I got to watch TV and relax.


 
At 39 weeks I went to the doctor and there had been no progress on my labor so she had me induced that night. I have had huge anxiety over the size of this baby. Blake was so big that I knew I wouldn’t be able to have another 9 pound baby. Unfortunately, they can’t induce without a medical reason to the baby until 39 weeks. She honestly couldn’t believe I made it to 39 weeks but the baby changed her mind about coming out so there I was at 39 weeks. She sent me home to wait for my induction appointment. I waited and waited and they hadn’t called by 4:30 and the office closed at 5. So I was freaking out so I called the office and the nurse said I was being induced that night! To be continued on the labor story post…..
 

No comments:

Post a Comment