Thursday, June 2, 2016

35/36 Weeks

I'm trying to catch up before the baby comes....

How far along: 35/36 Weeks  
Maternity clothes?  I've started to wear some maternity shirts and no maternity pants yet.

Food cravings: None
Food aversions: None
Symptoms: Bad heartburn and lots of contractions. 
Gender: Girl
Movement: All day- It’s getting old.  
What I'm looking forward to:  Having a little baby again, I think and not being pregnant anymore.
What I miss: Being able to cuddle with Blake especially when he's sick


*I have been sick and haven't been up and ready before Jeremy left this week. Therefore, I had to take the picture myself.


Grandma and Grandpa Larson's visit:
Jeremy's parents stopped by for a day to visit Blake. Jeremy and I took the day off so we could have some fun with them. We started by going to the Phoenix Zoo. We got there early and the animals weren't out but then about 30 minutes before opening they started letting the animals out to feed them and we were able to see more animals then we usually see. It was pretty awesome! Blake had fun running around and looking at the different animals. We went to the petting zoo which he enjoyed and the splash pad. He's really funny because he doesn't like to get wet or something. He really wants to fun through the water things but he doesn't. One time he gave in and he got soaked. He was a little upset at first but then it gave him a boost of energy. He also got to ride the carousel. We had the whole thing to ourselves.


























 
 

After, we hurried to Main event to buy day passes. They were unlimited bowling, laser tag, ropes course and billiards for one price. It was a good deal because schools out so they are trying to get kids to come.

After we got our tickets we grabbed lunch and went home for Blake to take a nap.

After Blake's nap we went to Main Event. Blake really liked bowling but he didn't like that it wasn't always his turn. He also really wanted to carry the ball himself but it was too heavy so he would drop it. We finally got a system down where I would already have the ball on the ramp and he would just run up and push the ball. I'm not sure if I will be able to convince Jeremy to take him again for a while since he's not patient. :( Jeremy ended up winning by one point at the last second.




 
 



Jeremy and his parents played laser tag and ropes course while Blake and I pretended to play games. We did get to play a few games at the end which was fun! I love games!! We also played a few games of pool. I played for the first time. It was more fun than I thought it would be.












After main event we went to Mexican food. Blake was surprisingly really good. Usually when we go to restaurants he won't stop throwing food on the floor or screaming. I think Mexican restaurants are easier with him because of the chips. He loves chips!

Overall it was a super fun day! I think we all had a blast! I was exhausted by the end of the day though! :)

Memorial Day Weekend:
Friday night we went to Mexican and then we took Blake to a fancy mall in Chandler to play in he play area. He had a blast!


Saturday Jeremy spent half the day at our rental fixing up the backyard and planting new grass seeds. The current renters let the grass die so he had to go and plant new seeds. We went swimming at a near by pool after he came home. Jeremy got heat exhaustion so he spent the rest of the day laying on the couch and taking Tylenol.






We also went camping for one night at Woods Canyon Lake. We stopped in fountain hills on our way. We thought it would be nice to let Blake run around. Blake and I took a long walk to a splash pad and a playground. It was super hot so we probably shouldn't have done that. Blake had fun at the splash pad but he refused to wear a hat or stay in the shade so he was in the sun a lot. He did drink water but I guess not enough because we think he got a little heat exhaustion. He screamed the whole way to Payson except for a 20 minute nap and he was holding his head. As soon as we found a drug store I ran in and bought him some Tylenol. It seemed to help a lot. We went to a farmers market after and then walked to a BBQ truck and shared a sandwich. Blake wasn't interested in eating or drinking so I had an idea to go to dairy queen because he has never said no to ice cream. Well... we bought him ice cream and I think he had a total of 2 bites. We enjoyed it though. We tried everything we could to get him to eat and he did eat a little. We packed back up and headed to the campground. Blake took a nap the rest of the way.








Once we arrived at the campground we set up the tent and got our beds ready. We had two queen mattresses which lined the whole tent. We zipped our sleeping bags together to stay warm. We then took a walk to the lake. Blake and Jeremy sat on a rock right on the water and Blake loved watching all the boats and people fishing. We grabbed a snack from the shop and then walked back to our site. Jeremy made a fire and we cooked dinner. We had hot dogs and smores. Blake didn't want a marshmallow so he missed out. We put Blake in the tent and tucked him in and he actually went to sleep in the tent alone. Jeremy and I relaxed for a little bit and then headed to bed. It was really cold so we decided to let Blake sleep in our sleeping bag.


















After about 20 minutes in the sleeping bag I started feeling really sick. It took me 15 minutes to finally wake Jeremy up because I was stuck in the middle. I ran (quickly waddled) to the bathroom and threw up. I was sick until around 2am. I tried sleeping in the tent again but got sick so I decided to sit in the car and then I could get in and out without bothering Jeremy or Blake. I think I was able to sleep for about an hour the whole night. It was a HORRIBLE night! Jeremy offered to pack up and head home at 1am but I honestly couldn't go anywhere. We would have had to stop every 5 minutes.

Jeremy made a fire around 4:30 and Blake woke up around then since Jeremy wasn't in the tent anymore to keep him warm. Blake hung out with me in the car to keep warm until the fire was ready. We hung out around the fire for a little bit and decided to pack up and head home. I packed up the tent and Jeremy packed the car. Blake wasn't too patient so we had to hurry. Blake slept most of the way home and then once we got home Jeremy and I took turns taking naps since we didn't sleep the night before.

After all of that Jeremy still wants to make it a family tradition to go camping every Memorial Day Weekend. I think if we had an RV I would be all for it. I think it's just too cold. It was 39 degrees at night which to us is pretty cold.


No comments:

Post a Comment