Monday, February 8, 2016

January Activities


January Activities:

New Job:
The main thing that happened in January was me starting a new job. I now work for APS in the Internal Audit department. So far I LOVE it!! I love the work, culture and people. My leader is pretty much the coolest boss you can think of, so far. You have so much flexibility in your schedule it’s a crazy difference. Some people come in at 6:30 and all the way till 9 and some later. It’s all about getting the work done and they don’t care when that is. I’m doing really well with the work. I feel like I have fit in really well and have been many compliments on my work. They were very excited about my pregnancy which has helped a ton. I have been really sick this pregnancy and even threw up all over myself at my desk and had to have Jeremy come and get me so I could go home and shower. My boss was so nice about it! He checks on me all the time to make sure I'm feeling ok and said if I ever feel sick I can go home. As long as it's not more than 4 hours it doesn't count toward your PTO. It's pretty cool. I've learned a lot about electricity since starting. I can't believe how much work goes into turning on your TV.
 

Zoo Membership:
Early in January my parents got us a zoo membership. Blake had a lot of fun at the petting zoo. At first he was scared but he quickly warmed up and was walking around petting all the animals. I was pretty impressed.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


Date Night:
Blake and I went on a date night so Jeremy could get some studying done. I took him to chick-fil-a and he got his favorite nuggets. Sadly the food took forever to get so he was ants and just wanted to play in the play area. He ate but quickly ran to the play area. He cried the whole way home which means it was a successful date night!

 
 
 
 


Big Brother:
Blake announced to the world that he is going to be a big brother in June.

 
 
 


Ice Cream:
We went on a family date night to ice cream!

 
 


Park:
We have been going to the park a lot in our neighborhood. One Friday we picked up dinner and brought it to the park. Blake loved running around the park and going down the slide with his food.

 
 
 
 
 


Cardinals Send Off:
We found out about the Cardinals send off a few hours before it started. The day before the Carolina-Cardinals game they had a send-off party at the Phoenix airport. We got all dressed up in our Cardinals gear and headed to the airport. You had to pay for parking which wasn’t too bad. It ended up being $8 and Jeremy didn’t complain once. We walked through most of the airport and ended up in the runway type area. The Cardinals plane was there, a huge crowd of people, the news, and a DJ. We waited for a little while and then the Cheerleads came, the coach and then in groups buses would come and unload a few players. They would walk by everyone and head to the plane. It was fun to be around so many Cardinal fans! Blake was really good. He took turns holding him and he just laid on us. Mainly Jeremy. When Jeremy put him on his shoulders he would lay his head on Jeremy’s. Overall it was a fun morning!

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


End of the Cardinals Season:
This year was an awesome year for the Cardinals. We had so much fun as a family watching the games. I had to miss two games due to our cruise but the rest we watched as a family. Sadly we didn’t make it to the Super bowl. They had a rough day in Carolina which I don’t blame them. You wouldn’t see me out there in the cold plus they were missing their top defensive player and Palmers finger hadn’t healed yet. I can’t wait to see what next year brings. Win or Lose I love having something fun to do with the family!
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment