Thursday, February 4, 2016

December Activities

December Activities:

Christmas Lights: One Saturday night we took Blake out to Firehouse subs and then we drove around looking at Christmas lights. Blake LOVES Christmas lights.
 



West Gate: One Friday night we went to west gate right after work and went on a sleigh ride. After we ate dinner, visited with Santa, played in the grass and saw the first snow fall. Blake loved the “snow.” He got so excited and ran around with all the other kids.















Last Day of Work: Christmas Eve was my last day at my prior employer. The day before two of my friends from work bought me lunch. They are so sweet, I’m going to miss them. On my last day we had pizza and then we were able to go home early.


Christmas Eve: We celebrated Christmas after work on Christmas Eve. Blake had so much fun opening presents. He would open it and then bring it to Jeremy or I to open it. His favorite was probably his bat mobile. He also got blocks, basketball hoop, xylophone, train set, soccer ball and a robot dancer. Jeremy and I exchanged presents. He got me a bunch of chick flicks which I’m really excited to watch. He also got me hot pink beat headphones. I got Jeremy a Cardinals jacket, headphones and a few movies. His main gift was us going to the cabin for Christmas.







Christmas: We got up at 12:30am to drive to the Cabin in Utah. Blake slept on and off. He had his moments but overall he did really well. The weather was really bad so I think it woke him up. It was snowing really hard most of the way. It ended up taking us an additional 2 hours due to weather. There were many times that we couldn’t even see the road. My job was to never lose sight of the cliff because we were driving along a cliff for a while. Once we arrived at the Cabin we had to find a place to park and then load all our stuff into the truck and then into the cabin.
 
Shortly after we arrived we celebrated Christmas. Jeremy and I received some awesome presents from everyone. Blake didn’t receive very much so I was glad I made him a stocking full of his favorite snacks and a few small toys. He was excited! We had fondue for lunch/dinner. It was delicious as always! After we played in the snow and went sledding.
 









 
Skiing: The day after Christmas we attempted to go skiing at Brian head. Jeremy, Josh, Alli and I headed there for a half day. We ended up having to take a long route due to road closures. We stopped in Cedar City for lunch and then headed to the mountain. We got there and put all our gear on. We bought our tickets and then went to the ski lift. We realized that only one lift was open and it was freezing! We decided to try and get our money back and with Jeremy’s help we were successful.


Spanish Fork: We headed down to Spanish Fork the next day. We arrived early afternoon. Just in time to watch the Cardinals game which luckily we were able to get on TV. I was so excited! Blake also was very entertained by his cousins and all the big toys. Blake loved the car but didn’t know how to get out so he would just fall out. Monday we hung out in the morning and then went to the children’s museum at Thanksgiving point. It was pretty crowded but Blake had fun. There wasn’t too much that was for his age but we did find some fun things. After we went to Pizza Pie CafĂ© which was a blast! Blake loved it! He had lots of pasta and pizza! It was as good as I remembered. Next we headed to Salt Lake City to see the temple lights. It was pretty cold but we bundled up. Blake thought the lights were pretty cool and said a lot of “wow’’s.
 
















 
Anniversary: We spent our anniversary in Utah. My sister was nice enough to watch Blake while we went to lunch at Tucano’s. It was delicious! We pretty much tried one of everything. After we went to the arcade! We went to an arcade all the time when we were dating and our early years of marriage. It was cheap date night for college students. We did pretty well! We got Blake a ball and then candy. Next we went to a movie, Daddy’s Home. It was pretty funny! Jeremy spoiled me with popcorn and soda since it was $2 Tuesday! J We exchanged gift but not until Wednesday. I got him a really fancy watch. He got me some chocolate and a shopping spree when I want.




New Year’s: For New Year’s eve we went to the Cedar City waterpark. We went with Jeremy’s family so the kids had fun together. Blake liked the big bucket that dumps water. After we all went out to pizza. Sadly that night I had a huge allergic reaction to the laundry detergent on our bedding sheets. I had rashes everywhere and I felt like my skin was burning off. I took many showers and it got a little better and I just forced myself to fall asleep wrapped in clothes washed in the right detergent. Because of this we had to leave a day early because I couldn't sleep in the sheets. On New Year’s Day some of us decided to give skiing another shot. We arrived at the mountain to find out almost all of the lifts were closed. The big mountain was completely closed so it pretty much the bunny hill and one more trail was open. We decided to skip and headed home. We left around 5 or 6 to head back to Phoenix. Something always happens to our car when we go to the cabin. So we wanted to leave plenty of time just in case something happened. Sadly our car got hit in Duck Creek which Jeremy tried to paint over and it definitely didn’t do anything. The scratch is way too deep. We also got a rock chip. But nothing went wrong on our way home. J







 

No comments:

Post a Comment