Wednesday, February 17, 2021

Week 6 - 2021

 Week 6 - 2021

Blake had his first day back at in-person school on Monday! He was really excited and had an amazing week! I have seen a huge change in him this past week. He has such a positive attitude and he comes home from school and starts working on homework immediately and does not fight me to read books. I am incredibly proud of him and how he has handled all this change like a champ! (Fingers crossed it continues)


Monday night Kylie requested cheeseburgers again which melted her dads heart. He was so excited that she complimented his grilling skills. 


Thursday night I decided to step up my lunch making game a bit and made Blake a special valentines lunch. I NEVER do any type of pinterest lunches due to lack of time but Blake has been so amazing this week that I wanted to do a little something special for him. I cut heart sandwiches for him with a knife (no cookie cutter) and added a few extra valentine treats along with a note. I put it in the fridge and was so proud. Friday afternoon I check my emails and notice an email from the school and my heart broke. I had forgotten to put his lunch box in his backpack so he had no lunch on valentines day. I felt terrible and was dreading picking him up. I brought his lunch box with me to pick him up and waited to see if he mentioned having no lunch. He didn't say a peep and a few minutes in I told him how sorry I was and then gave him his lunch box. He was so sweet and said that he wasn't sad at all and he opened his lunch box and loved it! Side note: He didn't completely starve the whole day. I was automatically charged for a lunchable since his school doesn't have a cafeteria that is the only option if you don't send a lunch. 

The kids had valentines parties on Friday at school. They had so much fun. Blake was so excited to show me his loot when he got home. Sadly, Kylie made a bad choice at school and did not get to take her valentines home on Friday. We also weren't able to go have fun as a family since she was not good at school. 


Saturday, Jeremy and I worked in the front yard from 8am till almost 8pm! The kids were really good and for the most part stayed inside and played. Kylie struggled a little more but honestly she did pretty good. I had fun getting to spend the day with Jeremy having one on one time and getting all his attention. We had fun working together as a team and joking around. We spent the day cutting the tree branches, pulling up plants and putting up our shutters. Pulling up plants was WAY harder than I ever expected but we were a pretty good team and tackled it together. We actually met I think 6 of our neighbors by just being out front. Everyone complimented us on how nice the house is looking! We just have one step left which is to have new rock delivered. I am so excited to see the finished product. Since the house is almost done I decided to add in some before and after pictures and then a few pictures from during the process. 

before

after





Valentines Day was pretty low key. I was SUPER sore so it was nice to have a day to relax and recoup. We decided to focus on the kids for valentines day and Blake was my valentine and Kylie was Jeremy's valentine. Jeremy and I each shopped for our valentine and then Sunday morning we gave them their gift. It was really fun to see their excitement and Jeremy nailed his gift. Kylie LOVED it! She jumped up when she saw it and gave Jeremy a huge hug which is very rare for her. Jeremy also had roses delivered for me. Sunday afternoon we went for a family bike ride.
















No comments:

Post a Comment